What We Believe
Statement of Faith
"A Statement of Faith is a written declaration of the church's position on matters that pertains to the essentials of historical Christianity."
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible, and authoritative Word of God.
- We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice and rose again for our justification; and that all who believe in Him are justified on the grounds of His shed blood and are saved by grace through faith wholly apart from human merit and works.
- We believe that man is sinful by nature, that regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential for salvation, and that salvation is a free gift of God’s grace received by personal faith in Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the believer is sealed until the day of redemption, and by whose filling, the believer is empowered to live a godly life.
- We believe that because all power and authority in heaven and on earth has been given to the Lord Jesus Christ, He has sovereignly directed His church (the Body of Christ) to evangelize (preach His gospel of Good News) and edify (make disciples of) people of every nation. It is therefore the work of every member of the body of Christ to carry out this great commission.
- We believe that the Love of God is the greatest force in the universe, because God is Love and His Love never fails. As the church learns to speak the truth in His Love, build itself up in the Love of God, and walk in the sanctified life of Christ in the Love of God, people will be drawn to Jesus Christ. It is the "loving kindness" of the Lord that brings men to repentance.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the imminent “Blessed Hope,” the Rapture of the church before the tribulation, when the “Lord shall descend from heaven” to catch up His bride to meet Him in the air and “so shall we ever be with the Lord.”
- We believe that the gift of tongues as a prayer language is available to all Christians. The gift of tongues is a prayer language unknown by the speaker who utters mysteries in the Spirit.
- We believe that the local Church is an organized congregation of believers, associated by covenant, observing the ordinances of Christ, having the offices of pastor and deacon, exercising the gifts, rights, privileges, and responsibilities given them by His Word, and that it has the absolute right of self-government. We believe that the Church which is His Body includes all New Testament believers.
- We believe in Marriage: Marriage is a sacrament of the Church. This church defines “marriage” as the exclusive covenantal union of one man and one woman in which such union is a lifetime commitment. A civil government’s sanction of a union will be recognized as a legitimate marriage by the church only to the extent that it is consistent with the definition of “marriage” found in this Statement.